For clients that are utilizing our ACH origination services for payroll, payments, debits, and other payment related needs. The following information and attachment will highlight the required information to upload payment data into our online banking platform.
This file specification is a standard NACHA format for a CCD or PPD transaction type. The only unique fields are the Immediate Destination, Immediate Origin, Originating DFI and Trace Number which contain information for FNBSM. Refer to the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) Rule Book for information concerning the rules and guidelines governing the different types of ACH transactions.
Data Specifications Within the ACH File
- Fields within each record type are alphabetic, numeric or alphanumeric.
- All alphabetic fields must be left justified and blank filled.
- All alphabetic characters must be in upper case or "caps".
- All numeric fields must be right justified, unsigned, and zero filled.
- FNBSM accepts only unbalance files and no offsetting transaction to a settlement account should be present
- All records are 94 characters in length.
- The files' blocking factor is '10', as indicated in positions 38-39 of the File Header '1' record. Every 10 records are a block. If the number of records within the file is not a multiple of 10, the remainder of the block must be nine filled. The total number of records in your file must be evenly divisible by 10.
To obtain the unique FNBSM values to plug into your NACHA file please contact FNBSM at firstname.lastname@example.org and a digital banking representative will respond within 24 hours. You can also choose to live chat directly on our website for expedited service.