Installing Device Control
If you are accessing the application for the first time, you will need to install Device Control, a feature used to manage your scanner. Device Control will need to be installed before you can begin making deposits.
- Navigate to your financial institution’s application, and complete the User Name, Password, and Company fields as shown in the image below.
Figure 1 - Login
- Click Login.
- Select Transactions from the left main menu, as shown below.
Figure 2 - Transactions Option
- Under Check Processing, select Remote Deposit Complete.
Figure 3 - Remote Deposit Complete Option
- The Open Deposits page appears. Select Create New Deposit.
Figure 4 – Create New Deposit Button
- The Device Control prompt appears, informing you that Device Control is attempting to launch. Select Run to continue.
For Google Chrome users, click on the ProfitStarsDeviceCon….exe (displayed in the second image below).
Figure 5 - Launch Device Control – Internet Explorer 11
Figure 6 - Launch Device Control – Google Chrome
- The system will prompt you to begin installing Device Control. Select Install to continue. This may take several minutes.
Figure 7 - Prompt to Install Device Control
- A prompt may appear, confirming that a user with Administrator rights to the computer will proceed with the installation. Select OK to continue
- Device Control will initialize. Choose the scanner and model you wish to install for use and then click Install.
Figure 8 - Selecting a Device and Model
- The Add/Remove Devices window appears. Select the scanner you wish to add, and then select Install.
Figure 9 - Add/Remove Devices
- The Install Wizard tool appears. Disconnect the scanner you wish to install from your computer, and exit all other applications. Select Next in the Install Wizard tool to continue.
Figure 10 - Install Wizard
- After the Install Wizard tool has run its course, connect the scanner to your computer and then click Finish. The scanner is now installed, and you may begin scanning deposits.
Figure 11 - Installation Complete