Once your account is set up for Bank Feeds in QuickBooks Desktop, you can finally start downloading transactions from your FNBSM accounts through Direct Connect.
A few reminders before downloading transactions:
- Back up the QuickBooks company file prior to any download or import so you can always start over if needed.
- It is not possible to download transactions into the same QuickBooks Desktop company file more than once.
- QFX and QIF files are Quicken financial data files that cannot be imported into QuickBooks Desktop.
- The transactions you download for the first time will include the maximum number of transactions (this can be over a year of transactions in some cases or 90 days). You will need to match any new transactions then delete the remaining (previously matched/added) transactions by deleting the statement.
- Downloading prior bank statements is not a function of Direct Connect.
- To avoid duplicate entries, once you’ve deleted a downloaded statement, you cannot download it again.
To download and send transactions via Direct Connect:
- Go to the Banking menu, then select Bank Feeds > Banking Center.
- From the Bank Accounts list, choose the account you need to connect.
- (Optional) In the Send items to your bank section, you can edit or delete items by clicking the drop-down.
- Select Download Transactions if you are ready to send and receive transactions. Note: If you have previously downloaded transactions and have not processed them yet, the button label reads Transaction List.
- Select Synchronize, then choose Sync this account (if you want to connect a specific account) or Sync all for this Bank (if you want to connect all accounts for the same bank) to update all incoming and outgoing transactions.
- In the Access to [FI name] dialog box that appears, type your password.
- Select OK.