As a merchant you must obtain your PayPal API credentials in order to feature PayPal on your branded payments portal.
- First, you must work directly with PayPal and establish a PayPal business account.
- Secondly, you must access your business account at PayPal and obtain your API credentials.
- Lastly, you must provide your API credentials to our Digital Banking Department.
If you already have a business account with PayPal. the process of sharing the API credentials is the same as described in this document.
To establish a PayPal business account, use the phone number or the URL below.
- PayPal Phone Number: 855-477-5689
- PayPal Website: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/referral/paypal-business-account2?&partner_id=JGLYGWQ6WMZMY
Requesting and/or Viewing API Credentials
- Once you have established a business account with PayPal, log in to your PayPal business account: https://www.paypal.com/us/home
- Select Profile > Profile and Settings in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Select My selling tools.
- Select Update across from API Access
- On the API Access page, options will differ based on whether you are establishing a new PayPal business account or using an existing PayPal business account with API access already established.
- New PayPal business account users: Select Request API credentials under the Option 2 section.
- Existing PayPal business account users: Select the View API Signature under the Option 2 section.
- Select the Show option for each of the API Username. API Password, and Signature fields.
The API information appears on the page. Copy and paste each of the pieces of data into an email, and send it to email@example.com with the subject line "PayPal API credentials for [Company Name].
- API Username
- API Password
Once we receive your request one of our digital banking representatives will assist you to finalize the process of featuring PayPal in order for you to receive payments/donations.