> Where Can I use a mobile wallet?
> Is it safer to use a mobile wallet over my physical debit card?
> Is there anything that I should do to protect my digital wallet(s)?
A FEW MORE TIPS…
- Make sure to select secure device passcodes that only you will know. Don’t use a common sequence of numbers like 123456.
- Don’t enroll another person’s biometric into your mobile device; doing so may allow that individual to perform a fully-verified transaction.
- Don’t ‘jailbreak’ or ‘root’ your mobile device since this may make your device more vulnerable to attack and fraud.
- Be aware of your surroundings when entering your passcode into your device to make sure you’re not being observed.
> Will the card image in my digital wallet match my physical?
Because we have a variety of designs and card types for our FNBSM debit cards the image within your mobile wallet may not match. However, it will still be linked to the same card number and information you inputted during registration.
> What should I do if I get a replacement card?
> What should I do if I get a replacement card with a different card number?
You’ll need to add the new card to and delete the old card from your digital wallets.
> What should I do if my device is lost or stolen?
- Contact the digital banking department during normal business hours at 305.667.5511, email@example.com, or start a conversation within your mobile app or online so they can deactivate that card from your digital wallet.
- You can continue to use your plastic card as you have in the past; no need to replace the card.
- When you get your new device, add your FNBSM debit card to the digital wallet apps of your choosing.
> What should I do if my physical FNBSM debit card is lost or stolen?
Deactivate your card using one of the following methods:
- Login to your online banking account > select Accounts > Look for the Card Management card > click on the card that was lost or stolen and deactivate it by clicking on Report card lost or stolen.
- Use your FNBSM mobile app click on the sandwich menu > select Accounts > Click the account associated with the card > click on the card that was lost or stolen and deactivate it by clicking on Report card lost or stolen.
- Contact the digital banking department during normal business hours at 305.667.5511, firstname.lastname@example.org, or start a conversation within your mobile app or online so they can reissue you a new card.
- Delete this card from your digital wallet. Once you receive your replacement card, you can add it to your digital wallet.
> Why am I being asked to call FNBSM when I'm adding my debit card to a digital wallet?
We may require extra authentication of your personal information during the registration process. Our Digital Banking experts will be able to complete your authentication and will send you a one-time passcode to complete the registration process.